Board & Director Orientation & Training
Do you have new board members that are struggling to get up to speed? Unsure of their roles, responsibilities, or your expectations? Strong Foundations is the perfect program to get new directors active and engaged from the start.
Prepare to launch. Start your board on the right track.
In this 1-2 day training session, you can clarify your vision for the organization, and help your board members understand their key roles and responsibilities for moving the mission forward.
New directors are often engaged and ready to serve, yet may not be clear on their roles and responsibilities. Create and communicate clear expectations for your board members. Learn how to establish an effective working relationship between board chairs and the rest of the board. Help each director understand the unique role they play in helping to lead your nonprofit.
Strong Foundations will give your board a boost right from the start with excellent training and orientation. Generate the excitement, clarity and vision your team needs to make an impact. This program is idea for new board members but can also provide a helpful refresher for current board members.
HOW YOU WILL LEAD BETTER?
• Gain clarity on your vision for strategy and direction.
• Identify what is holding you back.
• Create a clear plan to get from today to the future you want.
• Connect one-on-one with someone who’s been there and knows how to help.
• See how an Accountability partner can help you get things done.
• Improve strategic-thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Learn how to work on your agency, not just in it.
• Learn how to coach and develop your team to better results.
• Get a safe place to make tough decisions you need to move your agency forward.
LEARN HOW TO:
• Eliminate confusion about roles and responsibilities.
• Remove confusion about mission, strategy, and key issues.
• Make unproductive board meetings a thing of the past.
• Reduce challenges between the board and board chair.
• Keep good board members from leaving from dis-engagement.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
• One-on-one and/or group interviews with board members to assess knowledge and skills.
• Development of an agreed upon list of Training Topics.
• Hands-on training to prepare each director to take on their roles and responsibilities.
Interested in Strong Foundations?
Connect with Tom to find out if Strong Foundations might be right for your agency.